Home  >  Corporate Information  >  Company History

Company History

April 1916 Founding of Tokyo Kanaami Kabushiki Kaisha
July 1917 Establishment of Nippon Wire Cloth Co., Ltd.
September 1918 Establishment of Toyo Kanaami Seizo Kabushiki Kaisha
July 1929 Merger of Nippon Wire Cloth Co., Ltd. and Toyo Kanaami Seizo Kabushiki Kaisha
March 1936 Start of Nitto Kanaami Kabushiki Kaisha as an incorporated entity (renamed Nippon Wire Cloth Co., Ltd.) following the separation of Nippon Wire Cloth Co., Ltd. and Tokyo Kanaami Kabushiki Kaisha (factories located in Yodobashi, Setagaya, and Osaka)
January 1948 Establishment of Tokushu Kinzoku Kougyou Kabushiki Kaisha
June 1953 Completion of the Shizuoka Plant
November 1956 Initial public offering of shares on the Tokyo over-the-counter market
December 1957 Merger with Kyoto Kanaami Kougyou Kabushiki Kaisha
July 1960 Relocation and consolidation of the Yodobashi Factory and Setagaya Factory and completion of the Tokyo Factory
July 1961 Establishment of Kabushiki Kaisha Sayamaseisakusho
October 1961 Listing of shares on the Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, completion of the Musashi Factory of Nippon Special Metal Industry Co., Ltd.
June 1964 Relocation of the Osaka Factory and Kyoto Factory (in the city of Kyoto) and completion of the Kyoto Factory (in the city of Nagaokakyo)
October 1966 Completion of the Hokkaido Factory
December 1972 Absorption-type merger of Nippon Special Metal Industry Co., Ltd. and Kabushiki Kaisha Sayamaseisakusho and the Company renamed as NIPPON FILCON CO., LTD.
October 1973 Establishment of the Micro Products Division and start of production and sales in the electronic precision components market
May 1975 Integration of production units into four factories in Tokyo, Sayama, Shizuoka, and Kyoto
July 1981 Integration of production units into three factories in Tokyo, Sayama, and Shizuoka
July 1984 Opening of the Osaka Office
June 1989 Opening of the U.S. Representative Office
June 1991 Conversion of the U.S. Representative Office into a subsidiary (Filcon America, Inc.)
November 1994 Relocation of head office to the Tokyo Plant
November 1996 Establishment of Filcon Service Inc.
June 1997 Establishment of SDI Corporation, a joint venture company with TEC Brite Technology Co., Ltd.
September 1997 Relocation and integration of the Sayama Factory into the Shizuoka Factory and Tokyo Factory
July 1999 Establishment of SDI Electronics Japan Co., Ltd.
May 2001 Change of stock listing to the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange
March 2003 Acquisition of Kansai Wire Netting Co., Ltd. as a wholly owned subsidiary through purchase of all shares
May 2004 Establishment of Kansai Wire Netting Technology (Kunshan) Co., Ltd,
March 2005 Opening of the Shanghai Representative Office
October 2005 Establishment of FILCON FABRICS & TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
July 2008 Establishment of FILCON EUROPE SARL
October 2011 Acquisition of OTTO PRODUCT CORPORATION (current name: AQUA PRODUCT CORPORATION) as a wholly owned subsidiary through purchase of all shares

Page Top